Friday, August 17, 2012

I'm back!

I've been gone - almost 3 weeks! I had a great vacation, actually unplugging pretty much the whole time. It was awesome! I went to Pennsylvania - a little town called Lewistown. There were a couple of field trips on the weekends. One was to Palmyra, NY to visit some dear friends there, and then down to Painted Post, NY to visit other friends. It was good to see them after all these years. The next weekend we went to Baltimore to visit a niece and her family. While there we went to Costas Inn for crab. Let me just say - that was the best crab ever! OH YUM! And for dessert the very best Creme Brulee I have ever had too! If you are ever in the area, you must go! Then one day I drove to Hershey's chocolate world to have lunch with another dear friend, Carmen on my birthday. It had been too long since I'd seen her.

So, after all that, I am home again, home again jiggety jig. I got to stamp a few things the past couple of days, so wanted to share them with you.

Isn't this pretty? I did a new to me technique called Water Stamping. It created this beautiful background. First I inked my card stock with Peacock Feathers and Shaded Lilac distress inks, then stamped with the moistened with water stamp Victorian Damask Panel. I then ironed to dry and flatten it. I then punched the edge and mounted onto the purple card stock. The rose image is inked with the Peacock Feathers ink and clear embossed. The sentiment is inked with Shaded Lilac ink and clear embossed. I added just a touch of this great big ribbon. 

Stamps: Rubbernecker: Amazing Grace 582-18, Single Leaf Rose 531-01, Victorian Damask Panel 498

The swirl/flourish image from Rubbernecker was inked with Peacock Feathers ink and stamped onto the white card stock. I then inked the same stamp with Chipped Sapphire and stamped just a bit off. I added the flower jewels to both the ribbon and the image. The sentiment is inked with Chipped Sapphire.

Stamps: Rubbernecker Home is where 582-09, Flourish 30-10

 For this one I used The Dazzling Diamond Dust tutorial on SCS and the CAS 183 challenge which is a sketch. The card front is embossed with the Spellbinders Flora M-Bossabilities folder. I then added the green strip on which I used a Fiskar border punch and a darker green grosgrain ribbon. The image panel is stamped with Rubbernecker's Petunias using Black Soot ink and colored with Copic markers. I then cut/embossed it with Spellbinders Lattice Rectangles, left it in the die while I inked it with Versamark ink and then added Iridescent Ice embossing powder and heat embossed. That image is popped up with foam squares.

Stamps: Rubbernecker: Petunias 537-09

Thanks for stopping by! Please come back any time. I'll try to be sharing more often now that I am back! Have a great day!

2 comments:

Lynn Noe said...

These are fabulous!! I especially love the water stamped card, so beautiful!

Kekoa Pika said...

Those are very fabulous and fantastic cards! The colors are just perfect and i love embossing.
waikiki beach hotel