Thursday, April 25, 2013

Not stamping - Bunco!

April was my turn to host Bunco and I think I may have gone a little overboard, but I had so much fun preparing for everyone to come to my home.

I started out with the theme, "Springtime in Paris". I think that was because the first gift I chose was this big ol' clock. Who doesn't love a big ol' clock? Especially if it has the Eiffel tower on it!
Then the craziness began. I found some fabric with French/Paris images on it and of course some polka dots to accent it. I do love polka dots too.  
A lovely necklace.
A box with Paris images on it.
Another cute Paris box with goodies inside.
A burlap table runner with candles wrapped with more of the burlap.
Okay, those are the big prizes. Then for the last six, I made envelopes out of more of the burlap (lined of course) and included a set of cards (shown below) which I made with matching envelopes. 

Okay, and now for the overboard part, as if that wasn't enough. I saw cute little candy jars on pinterest, so I created some and then went on the hunt to find pink candy to fit in with my theme. Found it! I had Strawberry Cheesecake Jelly Bellies, Cinnamon Taffy and Mints. I created labels for the jars (old pickles jars and things like that which are adhered to candle holders, the lids drilled and I added Paris knobs). So cute! I made candied popcorn too, with Raspberry M&M's added since they were pink.  


That wasn't enough, was it? So I made tulle puffs to hang around.


I printed a menu giving French names to the food I prepared even though it was less than French. ha ha ha Don't you love the little thingy holding it? I do. It was a Bunco gift from last month's hostess, Carolina. I served French Dip Sandwiches, Potato chips with French Onion Dip, Crudités (veggie tray) and eclair cake. Oh yum! I think everyone loved the food.

Yes, there is more. I told you I got carried away.
I printed some clip art and framed it with pictures of my family in the entry.
And last but not least, I made myself a vest with another cute Paris print fabric. Yes, I think I got carried away and went way over the top, but I had such fun doing it. Don't you wish you were in my Bunco group? 

Thanks for stopping by! Come back soon.




1 comment:

Annalee said...

finally checked this out, internet doesn't work on my phone so well....so cute! love it!